Institution: Taylor County School District
Location: Campbellsville, KY
Category: Part-time Math Interventionist
Online App Form: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=2308
Responsible to: Principal/Title 1 District Coordinator
Qualifications: As set by board and state certification authorities (teacher certifications)
Provide supplemental instruction to pupils in academic educational core content/skill areas of identified school need and to work with the student and family to overcome barriers to learning.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES IN ADDITION TO THOSE LISTED IN TEACHER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Assist in the planning and development of the Title I Reading and Math programs or other targeted areas of need the school is addressing.
- Assists staff in interpreting students needs and progress in reading, math and/or other targeted areas.
- Assists staff with plans and implements reading, math and other targeted programs as necessary.
- Assists staff with coordination and makes research-based strategy recommendations in the regular program of reading, math or other targeted instructional areas.
- Recommends use of varied instructional materials, reference works, kits, trade books, audiovisual aids, etc.
- Conducts in-service workshops and demonstrations pertinent to methods and materials appropriate to various levels of reading and math instruction.
- Make home visits to assess and provide assistance in overcoming barriers to student academic success.
- Regularly observes reading, math instruction and other targeted areas of need and helps staff improve student performance through the use of research-based strategies.
- Confers with parents concerning individual students having academic difficulties and with any Title I parents requesting such a conference
- Implements Infinite Campus.
- Interprets, as appropriate, test results and statistical data concerning Title I reading, math and other targeted areas to the administration, staff and public at large.
- Collaborates with the classroom teacher to assist with instruction, researched-based strategies and record keeping.
- Assists with the development of special instructional programs for Title I students
- Supervise all pupils assigned and insure that proper discipline is maintained.
- Devises and maintains such records and reports as are necessary to the successful execution of the job and submits all required records to the Principal and/or the Title I Coordinator.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible-maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick and personal leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Supervises and provides performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology in daily tasks.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Performs such other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board.
Primary Location: Taylor County Intermediate
Salary Range: Per Hour
Shift Type: Part-Time