Position Title: Pastor
Company Name: Dover Chapel GBC
Location of Job: Louisville Ky
4323 Dover Road
Louisville, Kentucky 40216
Website to apply:
General Purpose: The pastor’s purpose will be to work to fulfill our mission statement through intentional relationship building within our congregation and in our community. Furthermore, his purpose is to serve the church by (1) providing a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care (2) and organizational and visionary leadership to the congregation, (3) and to help equip the church to grow to its full potential in membership and spiritual vitality.”
1. Work with the board of deacons to help oversee and help Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
2. Work with the board of deacons to help supervise other members of the church staff and committees of the church. Be available for and lead in training as needed.
3. Maintain a regular program of study to enable himself to plan and write meaningful, applicable sermons and conduct meaningful worship services.
4. Prepare for and conduct worship services; lead in the observance of the ordinances such as communion and baptisms.
5. Spiritually counsel individuals and families. Conduct premarital and family counseling including bereavement, others, as needed
6. Be the first on call for emergency and crisis hospital visits.
7. Share in the responsibilities with the deacons and members of the church of routine hospital visits.
8. Perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services.
9. Plan and promote periods of evangelistic emphasis for the unsaved and renewal for the Christians.