Position: Patient Advocate Rep
Company: Jewish Hospital
Part-time/ Full-time: Full-Time
Job Location: Louisville KY
- Job ID 1705003551
- Date posted 01/25/2017
- Facility Conifer
As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health Solutions is a leading healthcare business process management services provider working to improve operational performance for more than 700 clients so they can support financial improvement, enhance the patient experience, and drive value-based performance.
Responsible for screening self-pay patients at hospital bedside for eligibility in various governmental and non-governmental programs. Responsible for identifying all sources of potential payors including auto insurance, Workers’ Compensation, commercial insurance, private insurance, TPL, etc. to route account appropriately in the Patient Accounting environment. Also responsible for obtaining and completing the Confidential Financial Statement form and assisting patients in the process of applying for any benefits for which they may be eligible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts interviews with patients and/or family members.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on account while in-house and during the Patient accounting cycle.
- Performs financial clearance function including collections. Cancels accounts that have not had any patient cooperation and are not eligible for any programs and prepares accounts for Financial Assistance review.
- Follows up on MECS assigned accounts to ensure follow-through on Government application submitted. Develops a working relationship with patients, based on good communication skills, enabling accounts to be processed quickly with government program eligibility.
- Conducts field visits to patient homes for skip tracing and or assisting patient with documents.
- Notifies hospital case management, social services and admissions staff of case screening determinations and outcomes via verbal and written communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES.
- Working knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to Federal, State and County programs.
- P/C systems literate including Windows, and Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word programs.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as the clear understanding of the English language.
- Detail oriented, with strengths in dealing with multiple facilities, Supervisors, and Hospital platforms.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with efficiency.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required
- Minimum 2 years work experience with Social Services or Hospital Admitting or related area.
JOB: Patient Access
PRIMARY LOCATION: Louisville, Kentucky
HOSPITAL LOCATION: Conifer – Louisville, KY
SHIFT TYPE: 8 Hour Day
Website to Apply: Apply
Website for more information: https://jobs.tenethealth.com/job/-/-/1127/3882877?src=JB-11160