EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY in DAYTONA BEACH, FL invites applications for the position of PAYROLL MANAGER to oversee multiple payrolls and related activities for all Embry-Riddle faculty, staff and student employees.
This position will lead a team responsible for the administration and day-to-day management of the Workday payroll system in the U.S. Responsibilities include oversight of outsourced international payroll vendors and working with local HR teams in central accounting to ensure payroll accuracy and compliance.
Working in the Controller’s Office, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for processing approximately $185 million in salary and wages annually, tax reporting in all 50 states and to the federal government, as well as unemployment reporting. The Payroll Manager is also responsible for W-2 production, multiple types of remittances (direct deposits, 403(b), etc.) and garnishments. The Payroll Manager will collaborate with IT professionals on systems design and implementation for enhancements, troubleshooting and patch recovery.
DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- Launch, monitor, edit and reconcile payroll processes: payroll run, prepayments, NACHA, checkwriter, costing transfers to general ledger, tax remittance, timecard collection, etc.
- Provide customer service and solutions to payroll related matters
- Hands-on daily, direct supervision of staff
- Tax reporting, Form 941 and annual state reconciliations, W-2s to SSA and state agencies
- Retirement (403(b)) remittance, reconciliation and reporting
- Audit compliance – internal, external, retirement, Workers’ Comp, various state requirements
- Participate in technology upgrades, new initiatives and problem solving
- A bachelor’s degree is required or an equivalent combination of education, experience, and certification(s).
- Experience in Workday Payroll is highly desirable.
- A Payroll Professional Certification is strongly desired.
- Qualified candidates must have at least three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferably, the candidate will possess multi-state payroll and knowledge of state and federal tax law and regulations.
- Candidates must also have exemplary customer service skills and be able to communicate comfortably and effectively with all levels of the organization, across multiple campuses – in the United States and internationally.
Job: Finance, Accounting, Planning, Audit
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Schedule: Full-time, Daytime Shift