PETERSBURG COLLEGE in CLEARWATER, FL is hiring for a FULL TIME PAYROLL MANAGER.
Primarily responsible for managing payroll preparation, processing and distribution. Ensure payroll is processed in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation and processing of college payrolls;
- Oversees payroll certification, preparing payroll related reports (monthly, quarterly and year-end) and maintaining payroll records for all college employees;
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support;
- Determines payroll liabilities through accurate calculations and/or summaries of federal and state income, social security taxes, employer’s social security, unemployment, leave, disability, nontaxable wages, and worker’s compensation payments;
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies;
- Establishes and monitors payroll processing procedures;
- Ensures compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local requirements and laws;
- Performs or supervises the balancing of payroll records to accounting records;
- Prepares payroll data and files all legal requirements for taxes, audits, and other reporting;
- Coordinates payroll program changes with IT department;
- Timely submission of third party payments and information;
- Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance;
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures;
- Responsible for maintaining proper Payroll department records, including auditing of files;
- Collaborates with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams;
- Ensures best-in-class customer service to our current, future and past employees;
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, business, or in a related field to the assigned area.
- Experience in payroll accounting.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
- Three (3) years experience in payroll management and processing, accounting or auditing.
- Experience in higher education payroll accounting is preferred.
- Experience with PeopleSoft payroll system is preferred.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job may be acceptable in lieu of those requirements listed above.
- Human resources principles and practices;
- Customer service principles;
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes;
- Analytical methodology;
- Record maintenance techniques;
- Supervisory principles;
- Employee relations principles and practices;
- Computers and related software applications.
- Evaluating complex systems and efficiently formulating and implementing human resources methods, procedures, forms, and records;
- Preparing reports;
- Providing customer service;
- Problem solving skills;
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintaining confidentiality and record security;
- Analyzing processes and making recommendations for improvement;
- Monitoring and evaluating employees;
- Using a computer and related software applications;
- Verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: reaching, standing, walking, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
**For more information or TO APPLY visit: http://apptrkr.com/h_isiycss6d6l3oz8q
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students.