WBKO Television broadcasts signals for ABC, FOX, and CW. We are the dominant local news leader offering five hours of news daily. Our vision statement: To be the undisputed leader of local content, community service, and customer success. Our mission statement: We seek to develop employees committed to excellence in local news, entertainment and community service.
WBKO offers employees the flexibility to learn other jobs, cutting edge equipment, opportunity to work with live news, Emmy and AP award-winning mentors, encouragement to volunteer for community service.
WBKO, a Gray Television station, is looking for a Producer that must be able to manage the TV news broadcast. Will occasionally edit video for multiple platforms and performing other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Developing and organizing a newscast
- Responsible for writing, story development and showcasing
- Work closely with news managers in determining news content,
- Enhance content with graphics
- Video Research
- Make time-sensitive decisions
- Writing clearly for multiple platforms, demonstrating creativity and strong editorial judgment while following
journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism or a related field.
- He/she must be a self-starter, with the ability to operate state-of-the-art television news equipment as well as web
- A pre-employment drug screening and motor vehicle record check are required. WBKO-TV is a drug-free workplace and
participates in the Homeland
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
**WBKO is an equal opportunity employer. All employment offers are contingent upon completion of the application process. This process includes a pre-employment drug test and motor vehicle record check.
***Gray Television participates in E-verify.