Company: WHAS 11
Position/Title: Producer, Full-Time
Primary Industry: Broadcasting – Radio – TV
WHAS 11 in Louisville is looking for a Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate can write, create and produce exciting and interesting newscasts and news content for broadcast. We don’t want a show “stacker”. We’re not interested in story count, but stories that count. Producers must be able to multi-task during the newsgathering hours. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with strong journalistic judgment, detail skills and an ability to think creatively. Our Producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
In this role, you will:
• Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
• Write news stories for on-air broadcasting.
• Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
• Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
• Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
• Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
• Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
• BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
• 1-3 years of experience preferred
• Understanding the tenets of professional journalism
• Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
• Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
• Knowledge of ENPS and Axis graphics a plus
• Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
• Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Apply Online URL: