WHAS11 News in Louisville, KY is hiring a Producer.
This Producer can write, create and produce exciting and interesting content for broadcast, online and social content. Producer must be able to work collaboratively with the Executive Producer, Managing Editor, Sales Department, and Clients before, during and after a show to create an innovative, enthralling program. The ideal candidates are creative problem solvers with detail skills and an ability to think creatively.
- Create unique newscasts or segments evoking emotion.
- Write and edit stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Work closely with the show director, EP, and anchor to produce a visually compelling program.
- Contributes with the efforts of station operations through regular and clear communications with the Marketing Director, News Director and Sales Managers.
- Use consumer analytics in determining content.
- Understand and speak to the core audience, viewers, & clients
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Coach and inspire on-air talent to be exciting and engaging.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS and Edius preferred
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time sensitive deadlines
For more information, visit http://www.whas11.com
To apply online, visit http://www.jobs.net/j/JSatBzSo
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.