Central Kentucky Community Action Council in Lebanon, KY is hiring for a Public Relations Manager. This is an entry-level job with the possibility of moving up within the organization.
Gather facts about our organization and distribute them to the media. Create marketing materials about the organization for dissemination to the public. Perform job duties in a responsible nature, requiring initiative and considerable independent judgment in making decisions. Provide administrative assistance to other staff, as may be necessary.
- Develop the agency’s monthly newsletter and update mailing list as needed.
- Prepare job advertisements, news releases, and legal aids for publication in newspapers by faxing/emailing information to newspapers and radio stations as requested.
- Establish and maintain a strong social media presence.
- Maintain agency’s website, including but not limited to creating job posts, bid listings, newsletter articles and picture galleries.
- Establish a good working relationship with the media and the public and maintain those relationships by answering queries promptly.
- Become familiar and maintain proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Identify grant funding opportunities for agency programs.
- Assist in organizing special events, such as Board Meetings, award ceremonies, and any other event put on by CKCAC.
- Inform the public about all Board Meetings.
- Work with Agency Staff to collect all documents needed for Board Meetings, create Board Meeting agenda, disseminate Board Meeting information, attend Board Meetings, and record Board Meeting minutes ensuring that they are later approved and signed.
- Receive visitors and callers in a professional manner: determine the nature of their interests and provide the information needed or direct them to the best source.
- Prepare all incoming office mail for appropriate action, including logging, distributing, copying, etc.
- Maintain and update Proof of Vehicle Insurance when submitted and update finance of changes.
- Prepare all outgoing office mail by maintaining daily and monthly postage meter logs to be provided to the Finance department each month.
- Maintain the postage meter, fax machine, and office copier by requesting supplies, replenishing paper and toner, etc.
- Assist the finance department with segregation of duties, including but not limited to, matching voucher checks to vouchers.
- Maintain personnel and medical files, including creating new files and purging the terminated files and transferring to storage.
- Become familiar and maintain an involved presence at community events such as job fairs, health fairs, community partner meetings, etc.
- Purchase and keep an inventory log of merchandising materials that are available for distribution.
- Help plan and organize events in conjunction with Human Resources to promote positive employee morale across the agency.
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Graduation from standard high school or GED, including or supplemented by training in business, administration or a computer-related field. At least one-year experience of performing clerical duties in an office atmosphere. Experience in Grant Writing is a plus. Knowledge of office practices and procedures. Experience with Microsoft Suite programs. Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to maintain effective working relationship and other employees and the general public. Must have strong telephone personality with the ability to plan work and carry through to completion with limited supervision. Willing to undertake additional duties that may be required on a periodic basis.
**Interested applicants may email their resume to Careers@ckcac.org.