Research Associate, The Samaritan Women-Institute for Shelter Care, Louisville, KY
Position Title: Research Associate
Location of Job: Louisville, KY
Job Status: Full-Time
Contact Information: Chris Lim, email@example.com or 513-813-0316
The mission of The Samaritan Women – Institute for Shelter Care is to train and equip shelter providers to serve victims of exploitation, to build up a national network of credible shelter providers, and to produce quality research reports that inform the anti-trafficking movement and aid shelters in decision-making. The role of the Research Associate is to support our research agenda with expertise in research design, data collection, analysis and reporting. This role reports to the Director of Research.
National Impact Support:
• Assume responsibility for the Shelter Landscape map and quarterly report, to include regularly confirming our database of shelters and actively seeking out new shelters and/or verifying the operational status of shelter programs in the U.S.
• Produce a regular report on shelter landscape statistics and coordinate with Communications to maintain the web-based shelter map
• Collaborate with members of the TSW team to develop surveys or other research instruments that collect data related to shelter operations, survivors, program outcomes, or industry-related issues
• Track specific industry-related issues, as assigned, by identifying credible news sources and monitoring those issues on a regular basis. Report any major trends or events.
• Create, modify and report on industry surveys using the SurveyMonkey tool
• Ensure that TSW’s research efforts and products are shepherded through the internal proofreading and formatting process and posted online.
• Keep the communications dept informed of any advancements or products in Research that should be shared through our public communications channels
• Track the consumption of TSW’s research products and make recommendations for future projects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred with demonstrated skill in conducting research and authoring reports
• Exceptional skills in using MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SurveyMonkey
• Skill in using various statistical analysis software, a plus
• Skills with online databases and library/research tools highly desired
• Skills in formulating a research design consistent with the research objectives
• Detailed reviewer for accuracy and correct grammar
• Should have skills converting numeric data into compelling infographics and charts to convey data in an impactful way
• Discernment skills to determine the credibility of sources and citation of sources used; knowledge of APA formatting standards desired
• Affable nature, comfortable conducting human studies research to include polling, interviews, and focus groups
• Relies on Biblical principles for discernment and decision-making
Schedule and Benefits:
• This position is available as full- or part-time.
• Full-time employees are granted 5 company-selected holidays and 10 days/year of paid leave, to be used as desired
• Employee must furnish his/her own computing and communications technology.
• Employee has the option of participating in employee health insurance, 401k program, and/or educational stipend benefit.
• The organization’s headquarters is in the Louisville, Kentucky area. Candidates can be remote employees, with demonstrated competency in remote work. Remote employees are required to travel to Louisville, KY at least twice per year for All-Staff weeks.
Interested candidates should forward resume, references, and salary requirements to Chris Lim, Director of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org