Maurices in Campbellsville, KY is seeking to hire a part-time Retail Management Intern. The intern will work 20 hours per week in this 12-week PAID Summer Internship program.
During your 12-week training and development program, you will get an in-depth look at Maurices and the retail industry as a whole by:
- Gaining a solid understanding of retail management through a mix of training and in-store assignments.
- Learning store operations, sales, customer service, and merchandising.
- Working directly with management and associates to apply newly acquired skills and gain hands-on experience in customer service and selling programs.
- Exposure to various Leaders and departments within the company.
- Participates in internship program to gain a deep understanding of retail in general and the Maurices brand.
- Executes Customer First Philosophy in all aspects of training and while in role.
- Contributes positively to store results through customer feedback and store sales results.
- Consistently works scheduled shifts and maintains a flexible schedule to meet store needs.
- Adheres to and enforces all company policies, procedures, safety practices and loss prevention
Work Experience/Education Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in college.
- Drive to build a retail management career at Maurices
- Desire to grow professionally as a leader
- Passion and enthusiasm for continuous learning
- History of academic achievement
- Retail Management, Business Management, Fashion Merchandising and Design majors preferred
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Problem-solving skills, assertiveness and strong initiative
- Team-oriented thinking
- Willing to relocate after graduation, preferred
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Able to reach, push, pull, stand, squat and bend for up to 8 hours or longer as necessary.
- Able to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store
- Able to operate computerized register system
- Able to move or handle merchandise throughout the store weighing up to 50 pounds
**TO APPLY: Email your resume to Deborah Eisenmenger at email@example.com.