Customer Service Representative Job Description
- Liaise between customer and facility; assist customers, production, design, shipping and account managers on a daily basis by various means
- Develop strong, internal working relationships to support and promote efficient, timely and accurate response to Customer expectations.
- Process orders using various technological applications
- Provide formal quotes to sales and customer
- Maintain proper checks and balances for optimum cost benefits relative to margin and customer pricing
- Track orders and manage warehouse products
- Initiate outside manufacturing orders communicating necessary details
- Follow established processes and procedures to ensure work accuracy
- Generate various reports and distribute accordingly
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years customer relation experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 year Associate degree is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Sales Representative Trainee position
**Please note, this position will be required to relocate at some point in the future. ** Sales Representative Trainee will report directly to a Sales Manager. The Sales Representative Trainee will collaborate with functional teams: sales, finance, customer service, design, production, shipping and administration. In addition, the Sales Representative Trainee will interface and respond as appropriate with corporate functions including Corporate Strategic Accounts and Sales & Marketing.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals as determined by sales budgets and forecasts, with a focus on profitable volume growth and increasing operating profit margins.
- Define and execute business strategies for profitably growing existing business and generating new business. Qualifies and develops new business opportunities within territory. Closes new business opportunities to assure goal attainment.
- Co-lead key sales initiatives for larger accounts or strategic accounts. Coordinate with other Sales and Marketing personnel as needed.
- Develop strong client relationships over time that provides significant input to planning company product, price and strategies.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to self-development of selling skills in the areas of priority setting, negotiating and problem solving.
- Work closely with local management to identify and pursue opportunities for other U.S. Corrugated plants with specialty products or more appropriate logistics or equipment.
- Work closely with customer service department to ensure all customer specifications and information appropriate to customer handling are documented and communicated.
- Provide analysis and information on sales forecast and budget preparation.
- Consult with management to provide accurate market feedback, pricing input and recommendations on RFPs that contribute to account profitability and volume forecasts outlined for the year.
- Assist and/or lead credit and collection initiatives in conjunction with Finance to adhere to Company policies.
- Control individual travel and entertainment expenses that adhere to yearly budget.
- Actively pursue cost reduction/margin improvement activities in accounts.
- Insure appropriate levels of inventory are maintained for warehouse customers as well as insuring prompt disposition of aged inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
Anyone interested can apply online at www.kapstonepaper.com/careers.
Kapstone Container Corporation
Administrative Services Supervisor
225 Mitch McConnell Way
Bowling Green, KY 42101