The Coach/Mentor must demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills, model best practices, and possess a strong understanding of child development. The position requires the ability to prioritize and complete tasks to achieve desired outcomes. The Coach/Mentor must be able to collaborate with the Education team to ensure the implementation of developmentally appropriate early childhood services and compliance. Must be willing to travel.
- Provide a variety of coaching supports to Teaching staff that builds on their knowledge and skill practices in early childhood education.
- Model and demonstrate best practices of CLASS, ECERS-3, and Frog Street Press Curriculum.
- Implement Practice Based Coaching model.
- Conduct CLASS observations.
- Engage in mutually respectful goal-oriented relationships with Teaching staff and co-workers to promote positive child outcomes.
- Collaborate with Teaching staff to create S.M.A.R.T. goals and Action Plans for implementation of teaching practices and professional development.
- Review Needs Assessments to ensure that teaching staff’s professional development needs are met.
- Accurately complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Education team.
- Reflect and analyze data to individualize goals and teaching strategies.
- Facilitate and regulate Peer Based Coaching.
- Provide online professional development resources supported by ECLCK.
- Continuously strive for innovative professional development strategies that create high quality interactions between students and teachers.
- Actively participate on the School Readiness Committee.
- Aggregate and analyze coaching data to determine effectiveness and to create or modify the CKYHS Coaching Plan.
- Develop Needs Assessments based on coaching and school readiness needs determined by data.
- Must have proficient computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Child Plus.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Complete additional certifications as required.
- *Bachelors in Early Childhood Education or related field required. Must be able to pass CLASS Observer Certification
- Applicants are preferred to have had at least 1 years experience
- Applicants must be at least 18
- Applicants preferred to hold a Regular Operator (Class D) driving license
- Job salary and benefits
- Normal working days: weekdays
- 40 hours per week
- Normal work shifts: First (day)
- The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
- Leave benefits include Paid holidays, Vacation/paid time off, Sick and Medical
- Retirement benefits include 401K
- Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life and Vision
Please submit resume by close of business October 8, 2021 to email@example.com
For more questions, please contact Mary Jane Tungate (270) 692-2136