Central Kentucky Community Action Council Head Start is seeking a highly motivated and self-directed School Readiness Coach/Mentor. The School Readiness Coach/Mentor will utilize Head Start Program Performance Standards, CLASS, ECERS-3, Research-Based Curricula and the Early Learning Outcomes Framework to provide high quality professional development and Practice Based Coaching to education staff.
The Coach/Mentor must demonstrate effective communication and organizational skills, model best practices, and possess a strong understanding of child development. The position requires the ability to prioritize and complete tasks to achieve desired outcomes. The Coach/Mentor must be able to collaborate with the Education team to ensure the implementation of developmentally appropriate early childhood services and compliance. Must be willing to travel.
- Provide a variety of coaching supports to Teaching staff that builds on their knowledge and skill practices in early childhood education.
- Model and demonstrate best practices of CLASS, ECERS-3, and Frog Street Press Curriculum.
- Implement Practice Based Coaching model.
- Conduct CLASS observations.
- Engage in mutually respectful goal-oriented relationships with Teaching staff and co-workers to promote positive child outcomes.
- Collaborate with Teaching staff to create S.M.A.R.T. goals and Action Plans for implementation of teaching practices and professional development.
- Review Needs Assessments to ensure that teaching staff’s professional development needs are met.
- Accurately complete required program documentation and record keeping in a neat and timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Education team.
- Reflect and analyze data to individualize goals and teaching strategies.
- Facilitate and regulate Peer Based Coaching.
- Provide online professional development resources supported by ECLCK.
- Continuously strive for innovative professional development strategies that create high quality interactions between students and teachers.
- Actively participate on the School Readiness Committee.
- Aggregate and analyze coaching data to determine effectiveness and to create or modify the CKYHS Coaching Plan.
- Develop Needs Assessments based on coaching and school readiness needs determined by data.
- Must have proficient computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and Child Plus.
- Maintain confidentiality and code of ethics at all times.
- Participate in personal and professional development activities as identified and approved by supervisors.
- Complete additional certifications as required.
–Bachelors in Early Childhood Education or related field required. Must be able to pass CLASS Observer Certification.
–Please send cover letters, resume, and certifications to the CKCAC Head Start Director, Pamela Smith by close of the business day June 28th, 2019 at email@example.com.
–Central Kentucky Community Action provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. Persons with disabilities and LEP individuals will be accommodated.
*Also seeking bus drivers in multiple counties.