Coordinate a restitution and recovery program involving lost, stolen or recovered property and evidence for court appearance; process and follow through on District court cases.
- Investigate criminal activity to school property and employees; seek restitution when appropriate.
- Prepare cases for juvenile court in cooperation with appropriate personnel.
- Assist offended parties relative to appropriate procedures in District court.
- Conduct pawnshop detail in conjunction with police department concerning recovery of District property.
- Investigate and preserve evidence in cases of vandalism and theft of District property; take photos as necessary.
- Patrol, answer school alarms, prepares preliminary break-in vandalism and accident reports.
- Assist police in matters pertaining to security of the school system.
- Coordinate equipment recovery or loss with the office of inventory control.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence rules and procedures for presentation in court.
- Court juvenile system.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Applicable sections of the Kentucky Administrative Regulations and other applicable laws.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Research methods and report writing techniques.
- Basic photography.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Compile and verify data and prepare reports.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Understand and work within scope of authority.
- Observe health and safety regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law and three years of experience in advanced investigative techniques including fingerprinting and photography.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Kentucky driver’s license. Must meet qualifications for a commission as a Special Law Enforcement Officer. Must be POP certified.