Intern – Operations & Event Management –
Contemporary Services Corporation (Louisville, KY)
Full/Part: Full Time
Base Salary: $10.75 p/hr
Category: Seasonal Internship
Contemporary Services Corporation (CSC) is seeking an enthusiastic individual to assist with the day-to-day operations for the Kentucky Derby and Live Racing at Churchill Downs, University of Louisville Football at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium and other special events such as concerts and NCAA Baseball.
CSC is the world leader in crowd management and guest services for the entertainment and sporting event industries.
Number of openings: 1
Duration: Spring Semester or Summer Semester or Fall Semester
Commitment: Approximately 40-50 hours per week consisting of office and event work.
Compensation: $10.75 an hour. *NOTE: CSC can assist with but is not providing housing or relocation.
Candidates must have strong leadership skills and some prior experience in the sports & entertainment industry. The right candidate will be responsible, reliable, self-motivating, and eager to learn and grow within the sports & entertainment industry.
– Administration: Processing and submitting employee ID Badges, Racing Licenses and Event Credentials
– Scheduling: using our corporate scheduling system
– Meetings: including with employees, coworkers, and/or clients
– Logistics: setting up/tearing down equipment, uniforms, computers, paperwork, etc. – Conducting interviews and trainings
– Assist with event planning
– Hold an supervisory event day position
– Detail oriented
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook – Effective time management skills
– Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
– Strong customer service skills, as well as a professional presence
– Ability to work as a team member, while maintaining a strong leadership role – Highly motivated with a desire to succeed
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or associate degree in related field (sport management, business, criminal justice, etc.) – Commitment to personal integrity
– Willing to work in adverse conditions: poor weather, large crowds, unruly guests, etc.
– Email cover letter and resume to: Ross Anderson email@example.com