DUO Broadband in Jamestown, KY is hiring to fill a Senior Accountant position.
The Senior Accountant assists in the general accounting functions of the company and subsidiary along with telecommunications revenue accounting and regulatory reporting.
- Performs monthly accounting closing functions, including posting and uploading journal entries, preparing re-occurring entries, preparing adjusting entries associated with subsidiary operations in video and broadband services
- Process A/P requests for payment of vendors and suppliers
- Reconciles general ledger balance sheets accounts monthly
- Analyzes revenues for accuracy of reporting and reconciliation
- Assists with audits
- Maintains all records with a strict sense of confidentiality
- Completes other reports, analysis, projects and activities as assigned
Regulatory Accounting and Reporting:
- Responsible for reports and data requests to NECA, FCC and other industry organizations
- Maximizes cost recovery and accuracy in NECA reporting and cost recovery
- Responsible for monthly access billing and special circuit billings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of accounting principles and procedures with ability to manage tasks to meet reporting deadlines. In addition, knowledge of Microsoft office and Excel programs with excellent verbal and written communication skills is needed.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance with some experience in accounting processes. More extensive experience is a plus but not required.
**Interested candidates may send a resume to Stephanie Foley, Human Resources Coordinator at SFoley@DuoBroadband.com.