Position/Title: Senior Photojournalist-13362
Primary Industry: Broadcasting/Radio/TV
Manage Others: No
Vacancy Type: Full-Time
Date Posted: 08/04/2022
Closing Date: 12/01/2022
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Experience: 3 Year(s)
Details: WHAS11, the TENGA station in Louisville, KY is looking for a highly skilled artistic Senior Photojournalist who can create shareable and exciting content for television, social media, and mobile. We want a photojournalist who can tell great stories on their own or with a team.
Our ideal candidates are familiar with the latest photography, editing tools, and techniques. They create unique and exciting content on all platforms. They are proficient with live news-gathering tools and are able to participate in live performance on-air and on live streaming when necessary.
We’re looking for someone who will also mentor other photojournalists and MMJs in their storytelling skills, from lighting to editing.
- Passion for capturing video & audio elements that produce compelling and engaging news, sports, features, and documentary-style stories in a daily deadline environment
- Operate an ENG truck or IP video-based live unit (Dejero) when assigned
- Be assigned to either work in a team or solo for daily news assignments
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas
- Mentor photojournalist and MMJ staff
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- BA/BS in Journalism, Communications, or related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience preferred in a newsroom environment
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Must be flexible with schedule, reliable and dependable
- Proven ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Member and active participate in NPPA a plus
- Demonstrated news judgement, writing skills, photography experience, and non-linear editing skills
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- Knowledge of EDUIS, or an Non-Linear base editing system preferred
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Must have a valid drivers license, able to lift up to 40 lbs. and occasionally up to 80 lbs. with or without an accommodation
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: Performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Medium Work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.
About TENGA: TENGA Inc., (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TENGA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 US markets, TENGA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TENGA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TENGA Marketing solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TENGA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TENGAcom.
TENGA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) again the coronavirus.
We are an equal opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace
EEO Statement: TENGA Inc., is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status, or genetic information. TENGA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JsjMFLuh