Taylor County High School in Campbellsville, KY is hiring to fill a Full-Time Social Studies Teacher position.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Principal or other appropriate administrators
QUALIFICATIONS: As set by board and state certification authorities (teacher certification)
To instruct pupils in academic, social, behavioral and educational core content/skills of assigned subject and student grade level and help students in making determination of career and vocational choices.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Teaches the Kentucky Core Content and District Curriculum at the assigned grade level
- Displays Core Content being taught daily
- Models effective teaching practices and maintains a professional demeanor
- Performs ongoing, frequent and specific assessments to gauge the learning of students
- Models the characteristics of professional behavior
- Instructs effectively with technology and teaches tools of technology within coursework
- Modifies instruction for students with disabilities, gifted students, 504 students PSP, or students with modification plans.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette to colleagues and is a contributing member of the school’s community
- Actively involves parents in their child’s education, including the provision of frequent indicators of progress
- Implements Infinite Campus.
- Confers with students, parents, and school counselor/administrator to resolve student concerns
- Selects, stores, orders, issues, cares for and inventories equipment, materials, and supplies used in the classroom
- Supervises students, including activities such as field trips and school-related programs
- Fosters cooperative social behavior to assist children in forming satisfying relationships with other children and adults
- Instruct students in multiple intelligence modes targeting various learning styles
- Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness and self care
- Maintains a welcoming, orderly, safe and attractive physical environment in the classroom
- Establishes and maintains high standards of student behavior
- Annually completes and implements an Individualized Professional Growth Plan
- Participates in ongoing professional development
- Assumes out of class responsibilities
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible-maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick and personal leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Supervises and provides performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology in daily tasks.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Performs such other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board.
** For more information or TO APPLY visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3383