JOB SUMMARY: Sr Analyst/IT Analysis works under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements. With this knowledge, develops or modifies moderately complex information systems. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and revising existing system log difficulties as necessary. Guides and advises less-experienced analysts. Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. **Nationwide is Number 54 on the Fortune Magazine 100 Best Places to Work.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to: Manager/Director
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares detailed specifications, requirements, scope documents and logic flowcharts for the development and implementation of moderately complex application programs and modifications.
- Conducts quality-control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. Ensures moderately complex project requirements are executable, testable, complete and not ambiguous.
- Analyzes moderately complex systems requirements and existing business processes and information systems and develops cost-effective information technology solutions.
- Analyzes moderately complex application systems issues and provides technical solutions.
- Validates moderately complex requirements, including functional validation and traceability and consensus building.
- Tests and analyzes each component/phase of the systems development life cycle including the project requirements, design and programs. Develops moderately complex test strategies.
- Executes moderately complex tests according to established plans and scripts, documents and communicates results. Collaborates with developers and/or end users to determine appropriate solutions. Retests corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Develops, implements, maintains test data files with valid/invalid records to thoroughly test program logic & verify system flow.
- Performs moderately complex activities related to User-Centered Design Analysis including the following: Conceptual Design, including UCD and end-to-end experience design; Interaction Design, including Information architecture and workflow analysis; Visual Design, including page design and rapid prototyping.
- Performs moderately complex user research and validation, including usability testing and contextual inquiry/analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science management information systems, business administration, Usability and Design/Human Factors, insurance or related field is preferred.
Knowledge: Sound understanding of the Nationwide business. Knowledge of the Solution Delivery Framework and Methodology. Familiarity with development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall, or Rational Unified Process (RUP). Knowledge in one or more technical areas that support application development, applications, or infrastructure components.
Experience: Two to three years of experience in a related IT profession.
Skills: Sound understanding and training in the following skills as they relate to the IT
Analysis profession: Conceptual design, User-centered design, end-to-end experience design, Interaction design, Information architecture, Workflow analysis, Visual & page design, Rapid prototyping, User research & validation, Usability, Contextual inquiry/analysis, workforce planning & management, ESDm, Low Level Test Strategy implementation.
Demonstrated capability in the following skills: business acumen, use of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies & tools, requirements specification, static testing, traceability. Complete understanding and demonstrated competence in the following skills: test script creation/implementation.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Additional Job Description
This Sr. Analyst Quality Assurance Tester position is located in Louisville, KY and will work closely with the Requirements Analysts, Project Managers, Software Developers, Project Sponsors, and Stakeholders to plan and execute testing efforts based on the project requirements and system design. This position will execute tests to ensure that all software enhancements meet or exceed functional design specifications and performance standards. The role will be responsible for identifying, documenting, and reporting software defects. Additionally, this individual must be willing to: conduct regression tests, coordinate user acceptance documentation and testing, assist with our release implementations, and provide Production support for internal and external users.
Apply with LinkedIn or https://nationwide.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Nationwide_Career/job/Kentucky—Louisville/Sr-Analyst–IT-Analysis_55533-1