Systems Administrator, Full-time, Bluegrass Cellular, Elizabethtown, KY
Talented and driven individual to maintain servers and services with a focus on customer service!
Effective immediately, there is an opening for the position of Systems Administrator which reports to the Manager-Server Operations , headquartered in Elizabethtown!
The Systems Administrator is responsible for day-to-day operations of servers and services Bluegrass Cellular and its partners. Systems Administrators are also expected to be subject matter experts in one or more areas.
- Implement new hardware, operating systems and new software technologies
- Keeps abreast of new technology and make recommendations as to how best to utilize the new technology for the benefit of our partners and customers.
- Proactively reviews assessments of exposure areas and takes steps to reduce vulnerabilities.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, purchases, and backups for servers and associated applications.
- Monitor server and application performance and resources; develop performance metrics and appropriate reports.
- Identify, research, resolve, and document server and application problems, both hardware and software.
- Work in conjunction with owners and the helpdesk operations to quickly resolve issues with customer facing systems.
- Monitor mail servers for spam issues and compromised customer accounts, take steps to mitigate.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- 2+ years of experience in Systems Administration.
- Strong customer service and project management skills.
- Proficiency with Active Directory and Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Proficiency with Linux Operating Systems
- Experience with Backup systems and related software.
- Virtualization/VMware experience.
- DNS and BIND experience.
- Exchange/SMTP experience
- SAN/NAS experience.
Apply online at https://bluegrasscellular.com/about/careers
Matthew Hutchins | Support Services Coordinator
Bluegrass Cellular | 2902 Ring Rd | Elizabethtown, KY 42701