Central Kentucky Community Action Council, Inc. Head Start/Early Head Start is now accepting applications for the position of
Central Kentucky Community Action Council Head Start is now accepting resumes for a Transportation Manager at the central office in Lebanon KY. The Transportation Manager is responsible for creating and supervising all bus routes and stops, purchasing new school buses and hiring and supervising all bus drivers. The Transportation Manager also sets and monitors Department policies and procedures, develops and manages budgets and completes all paperwork and records while meeting requirements of Head Start Performance Standards. Head Start serves Hardin, Larue, Marion, Meade, Nelson and Washington counties. Applicant must have skills and ability to assist families in meeting their needs and goals, while possessing the ability to clearly communicate with parents, staff and students. Must plan and facilitate staff in-service meetings and trainings, ensure all drivers meet State and Federal training and licensing requirements and perform ongoing monitoring of bus drivers.
Qualifications and duties include but not limited to:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field desirable.
- Maintain accurate records/documentation of Bus Driver training, licensing, testing, physicals and driving records.
- Develop and maintain a record keeping system that includes: individual mileage records for each vehicle. A schedule of vehicle maintenance and costs for each vehicle.
- Represent Head Start in a positive and collaborative way to the public.
- Assess transportation and training needs and create plans to assure that both adequate transportation and qualified drivers are available to meet agency needs.
- Provide safe route and riding information and training to children and families.
- Valid Kentucky driver’s license, current First Aid and CPR cards.
- A minimum one year of experience as a transportation supervisor or three years as a school bus driver. Supervisory and training or management experience is desired.
- Substantial decision making and problem solving relative to personnel, safety, fiscal, and operations management.
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Occasional kneeling, stooping, and bending.
Please send all cover letters, resumes and references to Head Start Assistant Director, Tammy Stanley at email@example.com or Rachael Thompson at: firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business day June 27, 2019