WAVE 3 News in Louisville, KY is looking for a Video Journalist to be a part of our market-leading team. The person we hire will edit newscasts, shoot news and sporting events, as well as work with MMJs and anchors. The ideal candidate will fit in with the WAVE 3 News culture of teamwork and collaboration
RESPONSIBILITIES will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Shoot and edit video and audio for broadcast using non-linear software.
- Respond immediately to breaking or urgent news events.
- Tell visually-creative stories.
- Work in a collaborative environment with reporters, producers, assignment editors, and managers.
- Communicate with reporters, writers, and producers.
- Be open to critiques, feedback and training.
- Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years’ experience as a news photographer/editor.
- Must be able to edit on non-linear equipment and to adapt to new technology.
- Must possess strong initiative and attention to detail.
- Ability to remain positive and foster a positive work environment.
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communication or related field preferred.
- Driver’s License Required
WAVE 3 News is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky’s first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 50 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and much more coverage on our web, mobile, OTT and social channels throughout the year.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.