Institution: WBKO Television
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Category: Marketing, Mass Communication
Contact: Barbara Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Online App Form: https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
WBKO TV, a Gray Television Group, Inc. ABC, Fox and CW affiliate in Bowling Green, KY is seeking an energetic and Creative Marketing & Promotions Manager. As a key member of WBKO’s management team, you will be responsible for station branding, promotion, marketing and community service efforts, and oversee commercial production.
• Oversee and manage the team responsible for 1) marketing of the station’s news product, 2) community involvement/sponsorships, and 3) creative services/commercial production.
• Develop annual marketing plan and strategies through thoughtful idea generation, creation of all marketing campaigns and materials for TV and digital, and tracking results.
• Manage, with News department, production of compelling special event campaigns, and topical promotion for all platforms including TV, digital and social media.
• Digital and outside media buying to execute campaigns using internal and paid advertising/marketing. Manage all external media buys (outdoor, digital, radio, cable etc.)
• Manage station’s on-air promotion inventory and input on the station logs.
• Daily writing and creation of News topicals, TSRs, Proofs.
• Oversee staff responsible for production of client commercial production.
• Coordinate graphics with hub.
• Oversee promotions/contests, including rules, entries, and prizes.
• Coordinate Affiliate co-op, reimbursement and promotion, and promotion of syndicated shows.
• Identify and execute involvement in community events, and maintain strong relationship with key partners. Includes occasional night and weekend events.
• Manage promotional inventory including the staff logo items/clothing.
• Attend weekly sales/creative meetings, daily news meetings.
• Attend annual ProMax national meeting, and Gray Promotions meeting.
• Proven ability to develop multi-media cross platform TV/digital marketing campaigns.
• Full understanding and experience in digital marketing.
• A winning can-do attitude and commitment to excellence.
• Exceptional writing, grammar and spelling.
• Ability to work under pressure/deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with the public and station staff at all levels.
• Complete understanding of TV production. Ability to produce/edit TV spots is preferred.
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit is preferred.
• BA or BS (Advertising, Marketing or Broadcast is preferred.)
• 5 years of experience in advertising, marketing or promotion. Strong understanding of broadcast news preferred. Digital and social media marketing and promotion is preferred.
• 1-3 years management experience is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of video editing software and techniques.
**Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.