WHAS 11 in Louisville is looking for a creative, engaging, and enterprising Weekend Morning Anchor/Multiskilled Journalist to join our news team. The successful candidate will be an excellent on-camera communicator with top notch interviewing, live and taped reporting skills. We’re looking for great storytellers who will excel in this digital age of journalism. We want journalists who can create unique and shareable stories for all platforms through memorable writing, photography and editing. The ideal candidate must be a true team player and newsroom leader, willing to do what it takes to get the latest and best story and impactful information to our viewers. He or She must also have strong editorial judgement and be able to work with the producer to develop and content filled and engaging newscasts. The ideal candidate must be able to generate unique, compelling story ideas, and developing contacts is required.
In this role, you will:
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting.
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner.
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories.
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources.
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner.
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility.
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest.
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating.
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations.
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms including social media.
- Enterprise news stories.
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports.
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories.
- Transmit and present exciting live reports with current technology.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer.
- Minimum 2-4 years news anchor/reporting experience
- Journalist and/or Mass Communications degree preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking, general, and feature news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems a must
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
Experience: 2 Year(s)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/26/2019
Closing Date: 3/24/2020
City, State: Louisville, KY
Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JsTNrwYv