Position title: Youth Minister
Company Name: Magnolia Cumberland Presbyterian Church
Location of job: Magnolia, KY
part time: 3-5 Hours per week
General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Minister reports to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Pastor, in cooperation with the Elders of the church, provides an annual evaluation of the YM’s performance. The YM will be responsible and subject to Cumberland Presbyterian doctrine, informed by the Cumberland Presbyterian Church Confession of Faith, Senior Pastor, and Elders. Attendance at the following meetings is expected: Monthly Session Meetings.
The Primary Task:
There shall be a comprehensive approach to the development and implementation of the youth ministry at all levels in the Cumberland Presbyterian Church and in all ministry areas of the local church. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of youth ministry to:
-love youth where they are
-encourage youth in developing their relationship to God
-provide them with opportunities for nurture and growth
-challenge them to respond to God’s call to serve in their communities and world
- Be an advocate for youth in the local church and community.
- Help plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry.
- Ensure adequate volunteer support and adult to youth ratios.
- Work in partnership with the Mission and Outreach Elder to develop a strategic youth ministry outreach plan.
- Keep records of youth participation and manage the youth ministry budget.
- Communicate in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources. Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation as a whole.
- Make yourself available to youth in a variety of ways.
- Ensure that the Child Protection Policy is observed in all youth ministry settings.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Must embrace Christian discipline and Cumberland Presbyterian doctrine and theology.
- Must have vision and a demonstrated ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement a youth ministry.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Must posses a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
235 Old L&N Turnpike
PO Box 1
Magnolia, KY 42748
For more information, contact Amy Litton at 270-735-3762 or firstname.lastname@example.org.