Campbellsville University’s School of Nursing will be conducting a nursing camp for High School Juniors and Seniors. The camp will provide small group projects, hands on simulation to introduce core concepts of nursing in health and healthcare delivery. Come and learn about the variety of careers and roles that nurses play in the health care field.
When you complete the nursing camp at CU, you will…
- be certified in CPR (if desired).
- have an introductory knowledge of basic nursing skills.
- have been introduced to a variety of nursing scenarios.
- have an awareness of different fields in nursing.
- understand how faith integrates with the practice of nursing.
- understand the process of becoming a nursing student at Campbellsville University.
- High school students (anyone entering 11th or 12th grade).
- Monday, July 13th & Tuesday, July 14th. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
School of Nursing
Registration Cost: $35
Cost includes two meals a day all major aspects of the camp. Our dining hall has many options for those with food allergies.
- Note: The $35 non-refundable registration fee is due at the time of registration. No student will be considered registered until they have submitted this fee.
How to Register and Apply
If you are a current sophomore or junior in high school (2019-2020 academic year), interested in nursing you are eligible to participate. This is a very popular program and is limited to a maximum of 25 participants. Applications will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. Applications must be received by July 1st.
To hold your space for CU TEN, please submit the following:
- Nurse Camp application (online or download, complete & return).
- Include a $35.00 deposit (check made out to “CU-Department of Nursing”).
- One recommendation from a teacher or guidance counselor at your school.
Once your application is received it will be reviewed by our Nursing Camp Director for acceptance into the program. You will be notified of your acceptance with an email.
Please do NOT bring the following:
Laptops, iPads and other electronic devices*. Weapons of any kind: e.g. firearms, knives or pocket knives.
*Cell phones are welcome, but please note they should be silent and out of sight.