|Job Title||Assistant Director – Student Affairs Programs (Orientation)|
|Austin State Univ., Nacogdoches, TX|
|General Job Description||This is a professional position responsible for administering one or more comprehensive student affairs programming functions. Responsible for planning, developing, marketing, implementing, evaluating, and revising orientation programs, activities, initiatives, and/or events; assisting in the creation, implementation, and evaluation of department policies and procedures; and supervising assigned staff. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. Reports to the director, Student Affairs Programs (Orientation).|
|Essential Job Functions||1. Oversees and provides direction for comprehensive student affairs orientation programming functions.
2. Plans, markets, implements, and evaluates programs, activities, initiatives, and/or events related to the area of responsibility, including Weeks of Welcome programs and freshman, transfer, semester, sibling, and parent orientation programs.
3. Collaborates with other university departments to plan and implement programming, activities, initiatives and/or events.
4. Recruits, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff, including student and graduate assistants.
5. Manages budget(s), monitors expenditures and oversees payroll function for assigned orientation programs.
6. Interprets and explains university policies and procedures related to the area of responsibility.
7. Provides university faculty and staff, students, and student organizations with information and advice related to student orientation.
8. Collects and maintains data regarding the general operation and qualitative evaluation of programming functions related to the area of responsibility.
9. Assesses programming needs and effectiveness relevant to identified student learning outcomes; develops, implements, and revises programming as appropriate.
10. Reviews current department policies and procedures and recommends changes.
11. Serves as liaison to university faculty and staff, student organizations, external organizations, and/or the general public.
12. Receives and supervises the receipt of payments from students and others for departmentally sponsored activities.
|Non-Essential Job Functions||1. May represent the department on various university committees.
2. Coordinates and assists with special projects, when assigned.
3. Works evenings, nights and weekends as required.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities||The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
1. Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, university policies and procedures.
|Required Education||Master’s degree in student affairs administration, higher education administration, or a related field is required.|
|Required Experience and Training||Two years of related experience is required. Experience planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating detail-oriented projects, programs, events, and/or activities is required.|
|Preferred Qualifications||Experience planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating new student and family programs and/or student activities programming is preferred. Supervisory experience is preferred.|
|Special Conditions for Eligibility||This is a security-sensitive position subject to criminal record check.
This is an IT-sensitive position subject to the Computer and Network Security policy.
|Min Pay Rate||$36,000|
|Mid Pay Rate|
|Salary Information||Salary Grade – 10|
|Specific Job Requirements/Duties for this Posting|
|Is Background Check Required?||Yes|
|Benefit and Retirement Eligibility||This position is eligible for participation in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) retirement plan, subject to the position being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.|
|EEO Statement||Stephen F. Austin State University, an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and Educator, is committed to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, creed, color, age, national origin, religion or physical or mental disability as required by law. If, because of an impairment or disability, you need accommodation during any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 936-468-2304.|
|Candidates Eligible to Apply||Open to all qualified applicants|
|Number of Positions Available||1|
|Review Start Date|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|
|Special Instructions to Applicants|
|Posting Quick Link||http://careers.sfasu.edu/postings/3124|
|Contact Name||Jamal Smith|