Campbellsville University’s Bachelor of Science (or B.S.) in Pastoral Ministries offers a well-rounded curriculum that spans preaching, counseling, church management, and other spiritual disciplines.
Available face-to-face on the main campus and at the Louisville Education Center, as well as fully online, it prepares students for a career as a local pastor, church planting leader, or religious counselor. With the pastoral ministries degree, we hope to train future leaders in Christ, at the local and international level.
Pastoral Ministries Degrees
To gain an intimate knowledge of the pastoral skills and task, Campbellsville’s pastoral ministries degree requires:
- 12 hours of biblical language study (B.A. only), which can incorporate Old Testament Hebrew, New Testament Greek, and an Approved Modern Language.
- 18-hour Christian Studies Core. This six-course segment spans Spiritual Formation, Christian Theology, Art of Reading the Bible, Church History, a Christian Studies internship, and an upper-division Old or New Testament course.
- 18 hours of upper-division requirements must be chosen from two sections, with courses that include Growing a Healthy Church, Christian Evangelism, and Hymnology.
Campbellsville also offers two further options in Pastoral Ministries:
- Pastoral Ministries Area (57 hrs), which includes the 18-hour CHS core, 27 hours of Pastoral Ministries courses, and 12 hours additional Christian Studies courses;
- Pastoral Ministries Minor (27 hrs), which includes the 18-hour Christian Studies Core and 9 hours of upper-division Pastoral Ministries coursework.
For the student who chooses the Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree, 12 hours of Biblical language study are required.
This program is also available in a 100% online format. Learn more about Campbellsville University’s online BS in Pastoral Ministries.
Careers in Pastoral Ministries
- Worship Leader
- Youth Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Ministry Director
- Postsecondary Teacher
- Theology Professor
- Social Worker
- Foreign or Domestic Missionary
School of Theology
The Mission of the School of Theology is to Produce World Changers for Christ. We carry out this task with a wholehearted response of gratitude, worship, and stewardship to God as revealed in Jesus Christ.Learn More