Education – Environmental Education Endorsement
The 12-hour post-graduate endorsement program in environmental education is designed to give educators the opportunity to acquire knowledge about environmental education, gain skills in identifying environmental issues, and plan instruction and assessments to address relevant issues.
The mode/s of delivery include/s traditional courses initially with eventual integration of some blended online classes that include both online and specified campus based experiences.
Some outdoor experiences in this program will occur at Campbellsville University’s Clay Hill Forest, including watershed opportunities. Clay Hill Memorial Forest (CHMF) is a 158-acre educational and research woodland that has been developed as a regional center for environmental education and research on eastern deciduous forests.
Education – Environmental Education Endorsement Degrees
The Environmental education endorsement involves four courses, with one offered during each of the regular graduate trimesters and summer. The program includes:
- ED/ENV 540 Foundations of Environmental Education (3 hours)
- ED/ENV 542 Environmental Education Instruction and Materials (3 hours)
- ENV 584 Environmental Ethics and Contemporary Issues (3 hours)
- BIO 516 Aquatic Biology for Environmental Educators (3 hours)
Curriculum Guide Sheet
Careers in Environmental Education
- Environmental Educator
- Environmental Compliance Manager
- Forest Instructor
- Natural Resources Lead
- Humane Educator
- Nature-Based Activity Specialist
- Science Teacher
- Environmental Specialist
- Physical and Environmental Specialist
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Wildlife Educator
- Marine Science Educator