State Registered Nurse Aide
Campbellsville University’s State Registered Nurse Aide (SRNA) program provides the basic training to care for hospital and nursing home patients.
Also called nursing assistants, these valuable caregivers clean patients, help them get dressed, serve them meals, and keep an eye on their overall health. This active position may also require nurse aides to transport patients between beds and wheelchairs. Generally, they are the primary caregivers in a nursing home setting.
The state-approved, 75-hour curriculum is split between 59 hours of classroom time and 16 hours of clinical experience. Each class has no more than 15 students, ensuring that everyone will receive personal attention from our talented instructors. This highly affordable program includes tuition, textbooks, malpractice insurance, and the state exam fee (payment plans are also available). We are accredited by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) and the Department for Medicaid Services. To be admitted to the SRNA program, applicants must be at least 16 years old and not listed on the KY abuse registry.
According to the BLS, state registered nursing assistant positions are estimated to grow 21 percent between 2012 and 2022. In 2012, nursing assistants held around 1,534,400 positions, and were paid a median annual wage of $24,400 ($11.73 an hour). Approximately 321,200 new jobs will be created during this period, making a state registered nursing assistant certification even more useful. Most of these positions are full-time; since patients require care around the clock, staff may need to work night shifts, weekends, or holidays. As the elderly population continues to grow, many of the new jobs will be in long-term facilities.
State Registered Nurse Aide Degrees
- March 11 – May 10: MWF 1-4 p.m.
- June 3 – July 29: MWF 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Aug. 9 – Oct. 4: MWF 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Sept. 10 – Dec. 5: Tu/Th 5-8 p.m. (off 10/31 & 11/21)
- Oct. 14 – Dec. 11: MWF 1-4 p.m.
- Oct. 29, 2018-March 8, 2019: MWF 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (Patient Care Tech/SRNA:)
- March 25, 2019 – May 24, 2019: MWF 9am-12pm
- May 6, 2019 – July 29, 2019 MW 5-8pm
- Jan. 15, 2019 – April 11, 2019: Tu/Th 4-7 p.m.
- Feb. 12, 2019 – May 9, 2019: Tu/Th 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (SRNA/Patient Care Tech)
- Aug. 7, 2019 – Dec. 13, 2019: M-F 8 a.m.-9:50 a.m. (Larue)
- Jan. 8, 2019 – April 4, 2019: Tu/Th 5-8 p.m.
$649 (Class is offered at a discounted rate of $500.00 for High School Students)
- $120.00 non refundable deposit required
- Payment Plan Available
- Program cost covers tuition, malpractice insurance, drug screen, background check and State Exam.
- 2-Step TB Skin test required prior to clinical.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
Careers in SRNA
- Nurse Aide
- Nursing Assistant
- Hospitality Aide
- Client Care Associate
Allied Health Careers
The Campbellsville University Allied Health Program is designed to help those interested in pursuing a career in the medical field by offering specialized and in-demand certificate programs.Learn More