Excellence in Teaching, May 20, 2017 – 11:00 a.m.
Registration beginning at 10:15 a.m. at Ransdell Chapel.
What is Excellence in Teaching?
Empowerment for Learning
If you are interested in becoming a teacher, the courses, field experiences, student teaching and all other program experiences in teacher preparation will provide a strong foundation to prepare you to impact student learning positively.
Empowerment for learning is one of the special joys and outcomes of becoming a teacher. As a result of program experiences, you will be equipped with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to create a classroom climate in which your students can learn. The education program has a distinguished record of preparing students to become caring teachers.
The mission of the teacher education program at Campbellsville University is to prepare teachers for their respective fields by providing an academic infrastructure based on scholarship, service and Christian leadership. The primary goal of the program is to advance scholars who are competent, caring and qualified, who can positively impact student learning, and who are committed to life-long learning in a global society.
Kentucky certification is available in the following grade levels/content areas:
- Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (IECE)*
- Elementary Education P – 5: Interdisciplinary
- Middle Grades Education 5 – 9: English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies
- Secondary Education 8 – 12: Biology, Chemistry, English, Mathematics, Social Studies
- P – 12: Art, Health, Music, Physical Education, Special Education, Spanish
*A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree program is also available in Early Childhood (ECE), without teacher certification.
Additional certification available in Bachelor of Science (B.S) with an Area of Emphasis in Montessori Education.
Continuing education is available to teachers interested in advancing scholarship and/or certification in the following areas:
- Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Education
- Teacher Leader Master of Arts in Special Education
- Master of Arts in Special Education (includes initial certification)
- Gifted/Talented Education Endorsement
- Environmental Education Endorsement
- English as a Second Language Endorsement (ESL) Endorsement
- Rank I
- Director of Special Education
- Master of Arts in School Guidance Counseling
- Master of Education in Montessori Teacher Education
Admission Requirements - Traditional Undergraduate Program
Candidate Assessment Point – CAP 2: Admission
- Transcript, 2.75 GPA
- Passing Scores on the following exams:
- CASE: Reading (5712) Passing score of 156
- CASE: Writing (5722) Passing score of 162
- CASE: Math (5732) Passing score of 150
- English 111 – C or above
- English 112 – C or above
- MAC 120 or MAC 140 – C or above
- TB Screening
- State Criminal Background Check
- Code of Ethics
- Personal Autobiography
- Pre-Professional Growth Plan (PPGP)
- Entrance Interview