International Studies is an interdisciplinary program that encourages students to explore global issues in disciplines such as sociology, economics, history, political science, geography, religion, cultural anthropology, foreign languages, English and the arts.
Students will choose course work focused around a central theme and geographical region. Cultural knowledge will be developed further through expanded foreign language study. The program culminates in a capstone senior project. Study abroad is required for the International Studies major.
- Access existing knowledge: Students will learn to retrieve information on particular topics and issues of significance for global discourse.
- Display command of existing knowledge: Students will learn key global concepts and how these concepts can be utilized broadly.
- Interpret existing knowledge: Students will learn to explain and evaluate concepts and principles that are used to analyze global relations.
- Interpret and manipulate global data: Students will learn how to understand and interpret numerically published data.
- Apply existing knowledge: Students will learn to prepare an organized, clearly written analysis of current global problems and policies that situates them within historical and cultural contexts.
For questions about the International Studies Program and study/service abroad opportunities available at Campbellsville University, please contact Mariah Akridge, Assistant Professor of International Studies at (270) 789-5113 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
International Studies Degrees
A degree in International Studies qualifies one to work in diverse fields, including government, intergovernmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, the private sector, and academia.
Career paths include foreign service, international business, homeland security, immigration and customs, international intelligence analysts, international news reporting, international management, transportation specialists, export businesses, international communications, armed forces, humanitarian and refugee assistance.
Careers in International Studies
- Lawyer and Judge
- Postsecondary Teacher
- Management Analyst
- School Teacher
- Human Resources Worker
- Marketing and Sales Manager
- Chief Executives and Legislator
- Financial Manager
- Accountants and Auditor
- Registered Nurse
- Social and Community Service Manager
- Social Worker