Click here for most recent updates






Many international students choose to open a bank account in the U.S. while they are here since this makes it easier to have access to money and take care of expenses. If you are planning to work on-campus, you should open an account so that you can receive your paychecks through Direct Deposit.

There are many banks to choose between in Campbellsville. Feel free to find the one that works best for you. There are several banks within walking distance of campus and Citizens Bank and Taylor County Bank have ATM locations on campus next to Starbucks.

Find a Bank

Opening a Bank Account
When you go to the bank to open an account, you should bring:

  • Your CU student ID
  • Your Passport
  • Your post office box (UPO) number
  • The name of your Residence Hall and dorm room number
  • $100 for deposit

After you open your account and deposit your money, you will be able to make withdrawals after 48 hours.

Currency Exchange

Bring enough cash to take care of your immediate needs.

It’s best to exchange your currency before you arrive. Campbellsville does not have any currency exchange services.

Foreign Currency Exchange is available at Fifth Third Bank in the Louisville Airport (SDF). It is located on the upper level of the terminal. Students will need at least one form of ID (Passport/Visa) to exchange up to $1,000 USD.

If you need to provide an American address, you may use this address and phone number:

1 University Drive, Campbellsville, KY 42718


Taxes are due in the United States on or near April 15 every year.

Most international students are surprised to learn that they are required to send paperwork to the IRS if they were in the U.S. as a student during the previous calendar year, even if they did not work. Students that begin their studies in January can wait until the following year before they are required to submit paperwork.

All international students are required to file a form 8843, regardless of whether you earned any money while in the U.S.

Students who had a job or received a performance grant are also required to file a tax return.

CGE has paid for all international students to have access to Sprintax, tax preparation program for non-resident students. Sprintax will guide you through the tax preparation process, help you arrange the necessary documents and check whether you are due a tax refund. Students will receive more information on this process during the tax season.

Watch these videos for information about getting started with Sprintax.

CGE will send all current students who are required to complete tax paperwork an email in January each year. It is a good idea to complete this process as soon as possible instead of waiting until the last minute since the process can sometimes take a while to complete.

CGE will pay the cost of your Federal Tax Return. If you are required to file a state tax return, you will need to pay for this part of the process or fill out a paper form on your own. You can get more information about Kentucky taxes here.

Sprintax has a 24/7 Live Chat helpline to help you with the process, or you can contact Dr. Davaa Dorjsuren in the Center for Business & Financial Literacy, located next to CGE, if you have additional questions.

Protect Yourself from Scams

International students are often targeted by scammers. Be aware of these warning signs.

  1. Someone claims to need immediate help and won’t give you a chance to think.
    • Scammers often create a sense of urgency so that you will act fast without thinking. Slow down, ask questions, and avoid being rushed.
  2. You get an unexpected phone call or email from someone claiming to work for your bank, a credit card company, or a government agency.
    • Hang up. These businesses with usually contact you through more secure methods. They won’t call you to ask for personal information. You can always contact them on your own to confirm whether something they are telling you is true.

      Government agencies will not call you. If anyone calls claiming to be from the IRS, Social Security, Homeland Security, or any other government agency, you are being scammed.
  3. Someone contacts you and asks you to help them by purchasing gift cards for them in exchange for money or services.
    • No honest person or agency will demand immediate payment or payment in the form of gift cards. Hang up the phone or delete the email.
  4. Someone asks for your personal information.
    • Never share your bank account information, passwords, PINs, one-time passcodes, social security numbers, or credit/ debit card numbers.

If you think something doesn’t feel right, it probably isn’t.

If you are afraid that you are a victim or a scam or fraud, report it immediately. You can ask questions and report suspicions to Campus Security or CGE if you need help. You should also report financial scams to your bank.

Check out this website for more information: