Campbellsville University’s welding program is designed to prepare students for a career in the welding industry.
This 12-month program concentrates on four different types of welding:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
It also includes the safety and technical aspects of each process.
There is also:
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting
- Teaches the students not only how to safely and properly cut metal with a torch, but also the science behind it.
- Blueprint Reading
- For welding that includes weld symbols, line definition, and different views. This class starts at basic and moves to complex print reading.
The program starts at zero and ends with students having the opportunity to earn duel unlimited state welding certifications. It is not necessary to have any experience to reach this goal – only the drive and determination to learn a very lucrative trade.
Learn about the program’s Gainful Employment Disclosure.