Campbellsville University’s welding program is designed to prepare students for a career in the welding industry.
This 12-month program concentrates on four different types of welding:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
It also includes the safety and technical aspects of each process.
There is also:
- Oxy-Fuel Cutting
- Teaches the students not only how to safely and properly cut metal with a torch, but also the science behind it.
- Blueprint Reading
- For welding that includes weld symbols, line definition, and different views. This class starts at basic and moves to complex print reading.