Institution: Valencia College
Location: Orlando, FL
Category: Admin – Conference and Events Administration
Type: Full Time
Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a Coordinator, Conferencing & College Eventsto join the Organizational Development team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
* Collaborating with college leadership to develop, implement, and evaluate programs, plans, and initiatives to further organizational goals and culture
* Coordinating and executes programs, events, and conferences that strengthen relationships between and among the College’s internal stakeholders in a manner consistent with the vision, values, and mission of the College.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you’ll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
* Experience with planning conferences and/or events
* Skills in the use of personal computers and related software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and other Office software
* A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please click here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: Orlando, FL 32835 – District Office
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Organizational Development
Salary: $34,296 to $39,440 per year
Closing Date: Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 at 7:00pm EST.
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Job Classification: Coord, Conf & College Events
Collaborates with college leadership to develop, implement, and evaluate programs, plans, and initiatives to further organizational goals and culture. Coordinates and executes programs, events, and conferences that strengthen relationships between and among the College’s internal stakeholders in a manner consistent with the vision, values, and mission of the College.
Essential Job Functions
1. Collaborates with departments and/or business unit managers to coordinate and execute high-quality College meetings, events, programs, and conferences to meet the needs of a diverse faculty and staff.
- Coordinates the logistical support for college-wide events, conferences, and meetings including event set up, marketing and communication pieces, registration, food and beverage, and on-site services. Writes and edits materials, maintains assigned websites, and collaborates with the department on program and event planning.
- Collaborates with external vendors to procure resources for college events. Responsible for the negotiation, administration, and execution of contracts for services.
- Analyzes data, compiles statistical reports, and presents program results as requested. Ensures effectiveness of solutions and impact on the college through on-going assessment and evaluation. Implements record-keeping procedures and manages appropriate department records in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and standards. Develops and manages assigned budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution [required].
- Experience in planning and managing high profile events.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Must be able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge Skills Abilities
1. Demonstrated skills in written and oral communications.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to understand and analyze financial data.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively with little or no supervision.
- Personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, database, and meeting software skills.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20lbs.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse populations.
- Travels among campuses within Orange and Osceola Counties and to other locations to meet with stakeholders and execute conferences and events.
This job operates in a both professional office environment and outdoor environment for some events. The employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud during an event.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; type/keyboard; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds for event venues and campus travel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Online App. Form: