The director will advocate for the needs of all students and provide support in response to student issues and concerns. The director will collaborate with students, faculty, and staff to provide a student-centered environment that fosters intentional development through dynamic co-curricular programming and services, as an extension of the educational experience, to bolster campus traditions and pride, engage students with the College and community, support student retention and completion, and facilitate enhanced student learning.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in college student personnel, student development, higher education administration or related field.
- Professional experience in Student Life is required with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in a higher education setting with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge and implementation of best practices in student programming, student leadership development, student governance, student organizations, service engagement, and recreation and wellness.
- A genuine interest in working directly with students and knowledge of student development theory is essential.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management skills, skills, and computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, email, database applications, as well as online social media), as well as the ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently in a fast-pace environment is required.
- Preference will be given to candidates with expertise in designing and building student programs and services that enhance student learning and engagement to the college with a tie to retention and completion.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends. Community college experience a plus.
- Ability to promote an inclusive environment that reflects the broad diversity and backgrounds represented by our students and employees and which every individual feels respected and valued.
- Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
- Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.