Institution: Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital
Location: Harrodsburg, KY
Type: Part-time 1 with benefits
Online App Form: https://www.healthcaresource.com/emhealth/index.cfm?fuseaction=login.main&strLoginPassThrough=FUSEACTION%253Dapply%252Elogin%2526CJOBID%253D102551%2526TEMPLATE%253Ddsp%255Fapply%255Flogin%252Ecfm%2526BLNNEWWINDOWSTART%253Dtrue&
Facility: Ephraim McDowell James B. Haggin Hospital
Department: 04 Emergency Department
Schedule: Part-time 1, with benefits
Hours: 11am-11pm Saturday and Sunday
Job Details: Associate’s Degree
No experience necessary
The RN is a nursing professional care provider under the direction of the director or designee who utilizes the nursing process, nursing standards and physicians orders to plan, provide and direct nursing practice. Accomplishment of nursing practice that includes practice elements as defined by the Kentucky Board of Nursing and in accordance with the Ephraim McDowell Health nursing professional practice model. Performance that accomplishes patient and family centered care as central to practice and a foundation of caring, compassion, competence, communication, collaboration and teamwork. Responsible to participate in shared nursing leadership to accomplish positive outcomes, education, respect, dignity and safety for the patient and their family. Accountable for leadership of self and others and functions as charge nurse when designated. Exhibits F.I.R.S.T. values (Friendliness, Innovation, Respect, Service and Trust).
Working Conditions, Hazards and Physical Effort:
Works in a well lighted, ventilated and air conditioned area. Schedule may consist of weekends, holidays and shift work. Often exposed to unpleasant odors, sights and sounds. Long periods of standing, walking, stooping heavy lifting and bending are required. Risks exposure to disease, infection and physical strain and assault. Risks exposure to blood, body fluids, tissue, radiation and antineoplastic agents. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently.
Minimum Qualifications or Equivalents
- Education: Associate’s Degree of Nursing. Bachelor’s of nursing preferred.
- Experience: One (1) year of nursing experience preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations:
- Current RN license in the state of Kentucky. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (successful completion within three  months of employment).
- ACLS/PALS/ENPC/TNCC/Non-Violent Crisis Intervention/NIH Stroke Scale (successful completion within one  year from hire or requirement date). Annual Stroke, Chest Pain, Trauma Education required (provided on site).
- If ACLS or PALS us expired, will only be able to care for non-critical patients. If TNCC or ENPC is expired, will not be able to participate in the trauma team.