Position title: Medical Scribe
Company Name: PhysAssist Scribes
Location of job: Louisville OR Elizabethtown, KY
Job description: PhysAssist Scribes, Inc. is looking for experience-driven candidates pursuing careers in the medical field. Our scribes work in the emergency department at by entering information into the Electronic Medical Record. We offer part-time and full-time medical scribe positions.
As a scribe you will:
• Accompany the healthcare provider into patient examination rooms in order to transcribe the patient’s history, physical exam findings, consultations, labs, X-rays, and other evaluations, as stated by the provider, directly into the medical record
• Maintain a comprehensive list of active patients to help the provider remain organized
• Prepare plans for follow-up care, as directed by the provider
• Process admittal and discharge paperwork
This is NOT an internship or a volunteer opportunity. Scribing allows you to shadow healthcare providers and gain clinical experience—all while getting paid.
• Highly motivated and experience-driven
• Pre-health track (pre-med, pre-PA, pre-nursing) preferred
• At least 18 years old.
• Preferred GPA of 2.8+ if student
• No clinical experience required to apply
• Ability to move about and follow a healthcare provider for extended periods of time
• Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
• Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
• Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
6451 Brentwood Stair Rd
Fort Worth, Texas 76112