IT/Technical Services Administrator
Taylor County Rural Electric Co-op (RECC)
The formal job specification below. Although 2 years experience is preferred… would possibly consider a recent college graduate with less than 2 yrs work experience. We are a small organization, The individual has to be a self starter w/ the capability of being a jack of all trades so to speak as they will touch, at some level, all things IT/CIS across the organization.
Taylor County RECC (TCRECC) is seeking a highly qualified professional for the position of IT/Technical Services Administrator as described below. This position will facilitate utilization of technology by TCRECC employees to promote the functional and efficient delivery of electric power, cooperative member services, and administrative activities. Person filling this full time position will be responsible for complete systems including hardware, software and processes along with other voice and data communications and infrastructure.
The majority of the work is in the office with occasional outside work. Outside work may be required in all weather conditions. Occasional lifting, carrying and/or installing of equipment, wiring etc will be required. Occasional work outside of normal office hours may be scheduled for maintenance/installation of computer systems. Emergency situations could involve long and unusual work hours. Occasional off-site training, statewide conferences, software users conferences, etc – some involving overnight stays – will be required.
Engineer/Engineering & Operations Manager
No formal supervision of other employees. However, will have extensive interaction with assisting and training co-workers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or other computer related field required. Minimum 2 years of experience in IT related activities is preferred. Training in network administration and computer system integration is desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating system and productivity suites.
- Experience managing a virtualized datacenter, especially VMware is desired.
- Experience with Microsoft Access and relational databases – SQL/Oracle/Linux preferred.
- Experience/familiarity with TCP/IP and routing protocols along with associated Security Equipment and processes.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical users.
- Ability to conduct research for hardware and software issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate light duty vehicles.
- Works safely.
- Available when needed for both regular duties and during system emergencies.
- Acquires and maintains necessary skills.
- Successfully performs duties in a quantity, quality and timeliness to be effective.
- Represents TCRECC well in appearance, conduct, knowledge and professionalism.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and for accomplishing tasks.
- Expects change both internal and external and adapts positively.
- Is a good steward of TCRECC resources.
- Seeks more efficient and effective ways to carry out his/her responsibilities.
- Works independently and without direct supervision.
- Understands that each position at TCRECC will evolve according to the needs of the organization. While this document is generally descriptive of the position, it is not all inclusive.
- Install and maintain IT/Technology hardware and software.
- Monitor IT/Technology systems for Security, effective performance, resource sufficiency, backup adequacy, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to government, industry and other IT/Technology compliance standards.
- Monitor network and make necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware while assuring correct and consistent operations of installed components.
- Maintain and investigate upgrades to TCRECC Communications Systems including office phone system, two-way radio system, cellular telephones and other communication needs.
- Assist in recommending, designing, budgeting and implementing hardware, software, system processes and administrative policies for IT/Technology systems.
- Troubleshoot IT/Technology problems, both hardware and software.
- Assist with developing and testing plans for IT/Technology disaster recovery along with continual maintenance of the plan.
- Work with vendors, contractors and support personnel to assure fully functional IT/Technology systems.
- Perform IT/Technology systems and applications training as needed.
- Maintain service records and ensure systems are covered by service agreements.
- Maintain/administer a database of hardware and software installed (asset tracking).
- Ensure that all IT/Technology hardware and software have pertinent licensing.
- Assist member services with updating and maintaining the TCRECC website and other social media platforms.
- Maintain database of and assist with programmable Technology installed in the field.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks as required outside of regular IT/Technology responsibilities.
To apply—send resume to Mike Skaggs email@example.com