|Primary Location||District Wide|
|Salary Range||Per Year|
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree with an emphasis in the computer/networking area.
- Technical certification including any of the following: CCNA, MCP, CAN, A+
- Hands-on experience
BASIC FUNCTION:Install and configure various software applications on Local Area Networks (LANs), file servers and devices for instructional and administrative purposes; respond to user requests for assistance and malfunction correction and provide technical support; troubleshoot and repair basic system malfunctions and maintain system operation; design microcomputer programs to enhance LAN system operation. Install and maintain file servers.
- Provide technical support of administrative users including MUNIS, Infinite Campus and other applications used by the district.
- Provide technical support to faculty, staff and student network users.
- Provide input into the development and protection of District software and hardware assets.
- Perform hardware repair as necessary.
- Perform installation of networking infrastructure, including cable installation, termination and testing.
- Maintain confidentiality of all student and personnel information including protection of such data.
- Report to and perform related duties as assigned by the Director of Technology.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Developments and trends in information processing, information and text processing systems, and their application to education, data communication systems, research methods, techniques and statistics.
- Networking equipment and computer communication involving TCP/IP.
- Various LAN
- Various server and workstation operating systems.
- Management of systems, devices and users in an enterprise-level environment.
- Various software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, database management, telecommunications and graphics programs.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Communicate data processing procedures and requirements to users.
- Provide technical assistance to District computer systems users.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Adhere to standards set forth by State and District.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Configure network switches, routers and management systems as needed.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Install network cabling as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed.
- Be consistently responsible- maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick, personal, and emergency leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy, and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty, and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Maintain backups of critical data and implement “best security practices” as implemented by the district.
- Work with technology department in the efficient operation of district-implemented management systems including but not limited to Active Directory, Google, Network Control, Security Systems and Access Control.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor or superintendent.