Taylor County School District in Campbellsville, KY is hiring to fill a Full-Time position for Law Enforcement Supervisor.
Plan, organize and coordinate a variety of law enforcement activities for an assigned school District including enforcing state statutes, protection of life and property, suppression of criminal activity, apprehension and prosecution of offenders, regulation of non-criminal conduct, preservation of public peace, enforcement of traffic and parking regulations and conduct investigations; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned subordinates.
- Supervise and participate in a variety of law enforcement activities for an assigned school District; exercise authority consistent with statutory obligations and comply with lawful orders.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned subordinates; assist and provide resource information as needed to assure proper completion of assigned tasks; instruct and assign officers to investigate and suppress illegal activities.
- Prepare and complete accurate and thorough reports of crimes, vehicular accidents and other incidents as necessary; assure accuracy, clarity and neatness of typed and written reports; maintain accurate records of shift activities.
- Assure proper maintenance of the Division vehicles and other equipment.
- Assist other law enforcement officers as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information according to established procedures.
- Assist injured persons and determine appropriate action; respond to emergency situations.
- Attend and conduct parent conferences regarding student criminal or code of conduct violations as needed.
- Prioritize school administrators’ and staff requests for law enforcement coverage; develop and implement methods of increasing security in and about the premises of school district facilities and coordinate security programs; prepare officer assignment schedules for patrol, athletic events and extra-curricular events as needed.
- Provide proper referrals for incidents occurring outside the officer’s area of authority or jurisdiction.
- Communicate with community, staff, parents and students to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues or conflicts; maintain positive public relations.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Elements and appropriate application of state statutes.
- Geographic area, District facilities, school personnel and community members of assigned District.
- Applicable sections of the Kentucky Administrative Regulations and other applicable laws.
- Principles and practices of supervision and training.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Public relations techniques.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Laws, rules and regulations related to assigned activities.
- Basic first aid procedures.
- Supervise a variety of law enforcement duties for an assigned District.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete reports of crimes, vehicular accidents and other incidents.
- Train, supervise and evaluate personnel.
- Plan and organize work.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Maintain current knowledge of effective law enforcement techniques and research.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, G.E.D. Certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a G.E.D. as required by Kentucky law and three years of related experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Valid Kentucky driver’s license.
*For more information or TO APPLY, visit: https://taylorcounty.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=3355