Farmers National Bank in Lebanon, KY is hiring for a Full-time Loan Officer.
Reports to: Vice President of Lending
Summary: This is a highly responsible position involving management of an individual loan portfolio. Responsible for generating high quality new loans, collection of assigned loan portfolio, sale of insurance products and secondary market mortgage loans. Meets assigned goals for volume and credit quality in accordance with the strategic plan and corporate objectives, while operating in accordance with government regulations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates new loans in accordance with strategic and financial goals.
- Sells credit life and disability insurance as appropriate.
- Originates secondary market mortgage loans.
- Collects loans within their assigned portfolio, works with customers in developing workout payment plans in accordance with bank policies.
- Participates in overdraft and non-sufficient funds decisions associated with the bank’s deposit accounts when Data Operations personnel are not available.
- Maintains solid relationships with key customers, following up on all financial and loan documentation information needs.
- Ensures proper grading and classification of all loans within their assigned portfolios and maintaining proper grading in coordination with the Chief Credit Analyst on an annual basis.
- Provides banking advice and counsel to customers and to the business community.
- Represents the bank through personal involvement in key community activities including business, charitable, civic, and social organizations to maintain a proper responsible citizen stature for the bank.
- Create and maintains a business development and marketing plan to current and potential customers.
- Possesses and uses credit analysis skills commensurate with the complexity of the assigned portfolio.
- Participates actively in Officer Loan Committee Meetings.
- Underwrites loan requests based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the institution.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Lending.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or finance or two to three years of experience in a financial institution or loan office setting.
- Good sales, organizational, managerial and interpersonal skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with basic office equipment and Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Participates in and seeks out opportunities to grow skills as it relates to sales, underwriting, regulatory requirements and bank products and services.
Bank Secrecy Act
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and all other regulatory, security and bank policies.
Physical /Work Conditions
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis. While performing duties the employee is required to sit, talk, hear, lift up to 20 lbs., and may be required to work evenings and/or weekends, attend remote meetings and/or to travel.
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
This job description in no way should be construed as a contract for employment. These job duties may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.