WHAS11 in Louisville, KY is looking for a dynamic and engaging meteorologist to join our passionate Wake Up team. This position is responsible for preparing and delivering accurate weather reports on-air and online in a conversational manner. The key responsibility is the ability to gather and analyze information and alert our audiences about what’s going to happen with weather in their community.
We are looking for a team player who can help with every aspect of meteorology, from forecasting, to preparing graphics, to reporting in the field, you will be an integral part of severe weather coverage, and reaching our consumers not only on TV, but online and on social media. The ideal candidate embraces new technology and is willing to explore new ways to present the weather story.
As a central member to the Wake-Up team, the ideal candidate is a team player who participates in brainstorming and planning for future shows, including important weather events and explainers.
- Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a multi-platform environment
- Prepare and deliver severe weather updates, interrupting regular programming as necessary.
- Produce clean, creative and informative graphics to tell the weather story
- Fill in on other shifts when necessary.
- Write and report from the field or inside the newsroom
- Update website and interact with viewers on social media platforms daily
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Make public appearances
- Effectively and positively reflect the station in the community at all times
Experience: 1 Year(s)
- College degree in Meteorology, Geoscience or Atmospheric Science.
- 2-3 years’ on-air meteorology experience required
- Be proficient at posting content to various websites and social media; computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 1/18/2021
Closing Date: 5/17/2021
City, State: Louisville, Kentucky
**Apply Online URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JXQhnlIr?jobdetails=true