WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Represent the station to its customers in a professional manner while exhibiting a positive attitude about the station and its employees at all times.
- Negotiate broadcast television and digital buys with assigned advertisers and agency representatives.
- Conduct customer needs analyses and propose marketing and advertising campaigns to meet those needs.
- Prospect for and sell special projects to new customers as well as existing ones.
- Build client relationships at both the agency and advertiser levels.
- Draft and/or obtain statistical, narrative and/or other reports as requested.
- Maintain activity data in Efficio daily.
- Input client orders and work with the Media Coordinator to manage revisions, make goods, and other order-related responsibilities.
- Schedule and lead face-to-face meetings with customers and potential customers outside of the station each day.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A competitive nature and an unwillingness to settle or give up.
- Thorough knowledge of Nielsen ratings use and methodology.
- Energetic self-starter; Proven track record for selling new business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including superior listening skills and the ability to make effective presentations both on one-on-one and in a group setting
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a high-pressure and fast paced environment
- Superior organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent training and experience
Experience: Minimum 4 years of successful sales and marketing experience; broadcast sales and digital experience preferred
Computer Skills: Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel skills required; Word and PowerPoint proficiency preferred); Knowledge of sales software preferred such as Efficio, WideOrbit, One Domain, Media Audit, and CMR; Familiarity with Microsoft 365 TEAMS and other Microsoft applications
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
WDRB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Tom Vickery, Local Sales Manager, for more information