WAVE 3 News is the NBC affiliate for Louisville, KY. We are Kentucky’s first television station, and we lead the way in connecting the people of WAVE Country. We offer nearly 50 hours of local television news per week, 40 hours of live programming in the field throughout the week of the Kentucky Derby, and much more coverage on our web, mobile, OTT and social channels throughout the year.
Our goals for every news story: make our viewers smarter, make them laugh or cry, and make our community better.
WAVE 3 News has an immediate opening for a Multimedia Journalist. We’re looking for someone who embraces all aspects of the storytelling process – enterprising, shooting, writing, editing, and presenting on camera.
Our crew assignments vary based on the story, so our MMJs must be equally comfortable working with a photographer or alone.
Digital storytelling is a key component of our MMJ duties, so candidates must be skilled in using digital and social tools to enhance stories, gather information, and engage with the audience.
* Develop and pitch unique enterprise stories daily
* Shoot, write, edit, and present compelling stories, either solo or in collaboration with a photographer
* Optimize story presentation for each WAVE 3 News platform
* Participate in daily editorial decisions and long-term strategic newscast initiatives
* Four-year college degree
* At least two years newsroom experience
* Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
* Ability to shoot and edit on deadline
* Strong understanding of digital and social platforms
* Clean Driving Record
Please apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings and attach resume.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.