Position: Preschool Lead Teacher
Company: First United Methodist Church
Responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate preschool program for young children age 3 to 5 years of age. The individual must comply with all policies and procedures. Duties include nurturing children, providing activities that foster creativity and imagination along with kindergarten readiness skills. Additional duties include ensuring students are clean and kept safe while learning about Christian principles.
- Promote literacy and early education.
- Develop a program for young children within the preschool.
- Develop activities that stimulate children.
- Establish policies and procedures for inside and outside the classroom.
- Provide weekly schedules for children and parents.
- Ensure cupboards are locked and cleaning supplies out of reach.
- Supervise children at all times.
- Integrate special needs children in a respectful manner.
- Create arts and crafts for children.
- Comfort children in times of need.
- Discuss development with parents.
- Identify problems and consult with professionals if necessary.
Preschool Teacher Qualifications:
We are looking for an energetic candidate who preferably has a degree in Early Childhood Education or related field plus experience working with children ages 3 – 5 years old.
Experience is required. Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English. CPR and First Aid certification will be required.
For applications, please see Janet in the church office.
Job Location: First United Methodist Church 317 E. Main Street Campbellsville KY 42718
Contact Phone: 270-465-595