Daily, weekly and month-end activities as required to ensure a complete, accurate and timely close process:
- Manage Accounts Receivable to include setting up new customers, invoicing, sending monthly statements, posting customer payments to AR ledger, etc
- Manage Accounts Payable to include but not limited to 3-way match of PO, Packing List, and invoice for both raw materials inventory and MRO, resolving invoicing issues, ensuring proper coding of invoices to the General Ledger
- Work with Plant Operations Specialist and Plant Managers to reconcile monthly inventory counts
- Create and post financial/statistical journal entries
- GL maintenance/transactional processing
- Prepare weekly and monthly operational reports
- Prepare B/S reconciliations as needed
- Complete financial analysis to monitor costs and financial position in key areas (scrap, utilities, labor, R&M, Inventory, etc.)
- Purchase order maintenance
- Exposure to or a good understanding of cost accounting methodologies
- Proactively participate in plant operations via internal meetings, interaction with staff and hourly employees, etc.
- Assist in establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls to ensure compliance
- Special Projects as needed
CORE COMPETENCIES/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Accounting/Finance Acumen – Understands the inter-relationships of different financial metrics and what they mean in the business context; deep Accounting/Finance skill.
Business Acumen – Comprehends the inter-relationships of financial and operational processes, industry depth and their impacts on overall business strategy, drivers, and performance
Results Driven – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and other for results.
Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
Critical Thinking – Skilled at gathering and analyzing data/information to identify a problem and providing a solution.
Operational Engagement – Acts as a true business partner to plants, assists in driving operational results. Brings an outside perspective in and measures against it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 1 to 3 years of Accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in monthly closing process
- Experience with dashboards and scorecards