Position Posting: Systems Administrator
Company: Bluegrass Cellular
Job Headquarters: Elizabethtown
Job Description: Working with minimal direction, this position will provide operational and maintenance support for the Company’s server environment. The goal of this position is to maintain a stable systems environment with minimal downtime and maximum performance.
- Systems/network administrator experience primarily in a Windows environment
- Must be able to work independently and within a team to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of systems.
- Communicate within IT department and with other business units to understand specific system requirements/needs.
- Direct the installation of operating systems, network or application software, or computer or network hardware.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations, including installing or upgrading hardware or software.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Communicate project information and progress through presentations and technical reports
- Collaborate with network engineers or software developers to ensure the compatibility of system components.
- Train system users in system operation or maintenance where appropriate
- Manages large scale projects and leads efforts to enhance and improve the IT infrastructure.
- Provide Tier 2 level support/guidance to other IT staff and end users where needed.
- Rotating on call responsibilities with other team members (evenings and weekends)
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 2+ Years’ experience working in varied Systems Administration roles. Windows server experience primarily
- Experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory, NTFS permissions, DNS, IIS, OS security, and systems patching.
- Knowledge of using automation or scripting (PowerShell) to improve operational efficiency.
- Strong communication skills, within and without, the organization
- Varied industry certifications preferred – ie, MCSA, MCSE, etc.
Applicants can go to bluegrasscellular.com/about/careers or the quick link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=blue.net&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US