Teacher, Taylor County Primary School, Campbellsville, KY
Responsible To: Principal or other appropriate administrators
Qualifications: As set by board and state certification authorities (teacher certification).
Basic Function: To instruct pupils in academic, social, behavioral and educational core content/skills of assigned subject and student grade level and help students in making determination of career and vocational choices.
Primary Location: Taylor County Intermediate School
Salary Range: Per Year
Shift Type: Full-Time
- Teaches the Kentucky Core Content and District Curriculum at the assigned grade level
- Displays Core Content being taught daily
- Models effective teaching practices and maintains a professional demeanor
- Performs ongoing, frequent and specific assessments to gauge the learning of students
- Models the characteristics of professional behavior
- Instructs effectively with technology and teaches tools of technology within coursework
- Modifies instruction for students with disabilities, gifted students, 504 students PSP, or students with modification plans.
- Demonstrates professional etiquette to colleagues and is a contributing member of the school’s community
- Actively involves parents in their child’s education, including the provision of frequent indicators of progress
- Implements Infinite Campus.
- Confers with students, parents, and school counselor/administrator to resolve student concerns
- Selects, stores, orders, issues, cares for and inventories equipment, materials, and supplies used in the classroom
- Supervises students, including activities such as field trips and school-related programs
- Fosters cooperative social behavior to assist children in forming satisfying relationships with other children and adults
- Instruct students in multiple intelligence modes targeting various learning styles
- Instructs children in practices of personal cleanliness and self care
- Maintains a welcoming, orderly, safe and attractive physical environment in the classroom
- Establishes and maintains high standards of student behavior
- Annually completes and implements an Individualized Professional Growth Plan
- Participates in ongoing professional development
- Assumes out of class responsibilities
- Set goals and objectives, plan learning activities related to the goals and objectives in order to teach the skills and/or content materials and evaluate and report the progress of the pupils assigned to him/her
- Prepare unit plans, goals and objectives and learning objectives using the adopted curriculum guide for each subject area and class
- Positively motivate pupils to have success in learning
- Evaluates progress of assigned students
- Supervise all pupils assigned and insure that proper discipline is maintained.
- Aid other teachers and staff members in cooperative phrases of the instructional program
- Attend all faculty, departmental and other school related meetings and serve on committees as determined by the immediate supervisor building principal or Superintendent of his designee
- Prepare and have available at school complete and up-to-date weekly lesson plans which provide goals, objectives and learning activities for pupils assigned
- Complete all forms and reports that are assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or building principal
- Exhibits positive, helpful attitude toward all pupils in order to help them develop and mature mentally, physically, emotionally, and socially
- Report attendance, discipline and like problems to the immediate supervisor or building principal
- Treat and maintain properly all equipment, materials, supplies and textbooks assigned to him/her
- Perform extra-curricular and other out-of-classroom assignments made according to the policies of the Board of Education and administrative procedure
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Continuously strives to improve professional competence.
- Remains at school during the entire school day unless excused by the principal or the designated representative
- Be familiar with all teacher, student and district handbooks and adhere to policies of the Board of Education and to all administrative procedures
- Administers required state tests, adhering to the Code of Ethics.
- Attends annual Testing Code of Ethics training.
- Participates as an active member of the School’s Comprehensive Planning team.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be clean, neat and professionally dressed
- Be consistently responsible-maintaining regular punctual attendance and timely completion of assigned duties, working assigned contract and extended days and using sick and personal leave appropriately.
- Maintain professional interpersonal skills using tact, patience, courtesy and cooperative effective relationships with others consistently displaying self-control, honesty and credibility with parents, students, visitors and school personnel.
- Act as a district liaison demonstrating positive behavior, interest and concern toward the programs, purposes, goals and efficient operation of the Taylor County Public Schools.
- Follow the procurement guidelines and purchase order process.
- Disseminate information/resources in areas of responsibilities.
- Supervises and provides performance evaluations for assigned personnel.
- Maintain proper care and safe use of district equipment and property.
- Participate in required professional development and trainings as assigned or approved for professional job growth, to remain abreast of program requirements/responsibilities and to improve student educational services.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all school records.
- Is familiar with and incorporates the use of technology in daily tasks.
- Adheres with federal, state and district program guidelines, policies, procedures and laws.
- Adheres to the State Professional Code of Ethics.
- Performs such other tasks as may, from time to time, be assigned by the Board.
You can begin the application process at the following link: Taylor County School District – Certified Classroom Teacher – TCIS (tedk12.com).